Hi Enrico,
  Could you provide a link to the code you used to perform these
tests? i'd like to replicate the results for MSVC6, and then compare
it with MSVC 7.1 and 8 (VS 2003 and VS 2005 Beta respectively). MSVC6
is a very old compiler (1997/98), and since the C++ compiler for MSVC
2003 (7.1) is available free of cost, that would be a way better
compiler to target.

Thanks,
Tanuj