Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
We have to address this. We started a while ago and it didn't go well, but we now have two VMs to work with, bootVM and jcheVM, and we need to get going here in a serious way. We're about to finish up the legal framework with the bulk contributuion rules, and as much as I am going to miss the process creation phase, it's time to get focused.

1) I didn't look at how jcheVM does it - although I assume that it uses the canonical GNU Classpath approach - and I'm not sure that bootVM code is there yet for that. I hope that Archie and Dan can chime in with a summary of where things are.

Right now I'm working on getting jchevm to work with a completely
"stock" unmodified version of Classpath. Then it won't need to contain
any modified versions of Classpath source files.

3) I'm really worried about the GNU Classpath interface that extends java.lang. We do allow participants in this community to look at the spec license, and we won't extend the defined namespaces in the spec.

I don't understand this (sorry if I wasn't paying attention earlier).
If "extend" means defining public API's in those packages, then
Classpath doesn't purport to do that. The java.lang.VMClass, etc.
stuff are all internal API's not meant for public consumption.

-Archie