On Nov 9, 2005, at 10:37 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

On Nov 9, 2005, at 6:17 AM, Mark Wielaard wrote:

Would IBM be willing to assign this code to the FSF for inclusion in GNU
Classpath or contribute it under a GPL-compatible license like MIT/X,
W3C, etc. so that it can be mixed and merged with the GNU Classpath core
library and used in larger GPL-compatible works like gcj, kaffe, etc?

Mark, speaking with my IBM hat on, I will say that as I promised yesterday to you, I'll certainly get a discussion started inside IBM, but can't answer this now.

Also, please understand that sometimes things can move very slowly.

I'd like to re-clarify my statement as I don't wish to create any false expectations or misinterpretations. What I was trying to say :

  "I'm simply going to communicate this question inside
  IBM, and can promise no answer - we will go forward
  with what we have now under the terms we have now"

IBM's contribution was made only under the Apache License, and there are no plans for doing anything else with respect to a change or addition in licensing.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]