Dalibor,

This kind of legal gymnastics is exactly why people prefer not to deal
with GPL. One is never sure which loophole will be used to shutdown a
project or stop a binary distribution. A quick resolution *IF* we see
a problem would be to make the HTTPD project stop doing binary
distributions. So you are just reducing choice. Am actually glad that
HTTPD is not using any other code under GPL+Exception other than the
GCC bits in the distribution so we don't have to worry about the
effects on a source distrubution. This will definitely *NOT* be the
case if a large body of code such as Classpath is part of the project.
Personally, i think now i am more convinced that Apache should not
take that risk till GPLv3 comes out and out LGPL stuff works out.

-- dims