On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 01:52:32PM -0600, Archie Cobbs wrote:
> Conclusion being: if it's the merely legality that concerns ASF,
> then they should already be happy and this whole problem and
> discussion can go away (wouldn't that be nice :-)

Yes, that'd be real nice! But mere legality isn't the only thing
that concerns the ASF. Its probably also perfectly legal to write
code that only compiles with MS Visual Studio .Net 2008 Vista
Edition and release it under the Apache License. However, if an
ASF project were to do that, it'd still be considered a problem.

"So what are all the other concerns?"

There is no exhaustive list. Cliff is working on documenting this
stuff.

Things like "users can go and use our stuff without worrying about
'virality'", "the legal end results are similar to what our users
expect", and more.

- Leo