Mark Hindess wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any interest in having build status emails sent to this list?

Well we've discussed this privately, but for the record "yes!" I'd like
to see build results posted to the dev list when the build is
broken/repaired.

> I'm building classlib trunk with continuum and it would be simple for
> me to have messages like the following sent to the list whenever the
> status of our builds change.

Right, we don't need to see the results of every build, just when it
goes from working to broken, or broken to working again.

> Currently I'm building only on linux but
> I plan to get windows builds running in the next few days.
>
> Currently the builds are running the default target in make/build.xml
> but if there was a top-level build-and-test target then I could run
> that instead.  This might produce more useful results.

Sure, use the default for now, and I'll add a 'continuum' target for
you.  I presume you will handle adding in some dependencies like Bouncy
Castle and a VM?

> On a related note, removing the output attributes from the targets
> that exec make  (and thus allowing the output to go to stdout/console)
> would produce much more helpful results and probably result in more
> constructive bug reports if/when the native builds fail.

yep, that's better than hunting for the output file.  Thanks.

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
IBM Java technology centre, UK.