This sounds like the discussion we had a while ago along the lines of
'what is a reasonable environment we should expect developers/testers to
set-up locally, and what should be stubbed in the test suite itself.'

i.e. which of the following are reasonable items to put in the readme?
go and set-up a http server, ftp server, socks server, LDAP server,
kerberos server, smtp server, ...