Oh! I forgot to add...

I think that the reverse should also apply.  I do not think that it
would be OK for current Harmony commiters to simply go and change the
SableVM code without discussing it on this list first.  Their right to
commit obvious little patches and improvements within the sablevm code,
without prior discussion on this list, should be earned too.

It's not only a question of fairness; it is a technical one.  Even if
some of the SableVM code might look simple, there are often deeper
principles behind the code.  It is easy to transgress important
correctness rules without noticing it.  The C language offers no
protection against it.  [Rules about stopping/resuming java in VMI code,
etc.]

JCHEVM simplified many problems by selecting a non-moving collector.
SableVM has not only a moving collector, but also moving Java frame
stacks, etc.  Lots of tricky (yet nice) stuff.

:-)

Etienne