Hi Geir,

> b) hopefully an ICLA from each contributor

The ICLA rules are less restrictive than the Apache License rules:

2. Grant of Copyright License. Subject to the terms and conditions of
   this Agreement, You hereby grant to the Foundation and to
   recipients of software distributed by the Foundation a perpetual,
   worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable
   copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of,
   publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute Your
   Contributions and such derivative works.

Unless I missed something, this not force the ASF to abide by the Apache
License 2.0 rules.  So, for example, the ASF could sublicense
derivatives of our work under any license it wants, without even
acknowledging our contribution in a NOTICE file.

Most SableVM authors do not agree to allow derivative works not to
clearly aknowledge their contribution.  This is our only real
retribution for the work we contribute.

I understand that it is critical, for the ASF, to design new licenses,
but rule "2." above seems too permissive, at first sight.

Have I missed something?

Etienne