Chris Gray wrote:
On Tuesday 18 April 2006 01:34, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

Really?  Every other JRE uses the classlibrary from sun.

Of the many open-source runtimes, none uses Sun's class library;

I'm aware of that - that's why we're here. But as I understand it, there are no complete open source runtimes (SE anyway...)

almost all use Classpath. Among non-open source products, J9 has its own libraries, and I believe this is also true of many other embedded runtimes, e.g. Aonix's PERC (other companies which used to have their own class libraries are now Sun licencees, but are probably still using a lot of their own code for luni). Aicas sell a closed-source runtime which uses Classpath for its Java libraries.

That's interesting...