Hi gang,

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 11:14:56AM +0700, Stepan Mishura wrote:
> Some time ago we agreed to copy resource files to classpath (i.e. bin/test
> directory). I saw that you added corresponing targets to build files. But
> now I realized that I don't understand why we should copy them instead of
> simply adding resource directory (i.e. src/test/resources) to classpath. May
> be there are simple reasons to do this that I don't know but anyway ... so
> why we have to copy thousands of files (there is no doubt that in future we
> will have thousands of resource files) each time we run tests?

mostly unrelated, but another reason to do the <copy/> is that you get the
benefit of Ant's filters and file munging when you need it (eg to replace
@@VERSION@@ in a property file with for example the current SVN revision).

I suspect that's why copying resource files became common practice years ago,
and why ant's mechanism for doing copies is so blazingly efficient (really.
Sometimes it beats rsync).

cheers!

Leo