Alexei

package naming for stress tests does not exactly match what was described,
(there is no 'stress' in the package name) but directory layout is correct.

2006/5/4, Fedotov, Alexei A <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Paulex, Mikhail, all,
Do I understand the proposed directory structure for stress tests
correctly?

src/test/

   +- impl/

   +- compliant/

   +- stress/
   |   |
   |   +- org
   |       |
   |       +- apache
   |           |
   |           +- harmony
   |               |
   |               +- test
   |                   |
   |                   +- stress
   |                       |
   |                       +- generator
   |                       |   |
   |                       |   +- Loop.java
   |                       |   |
   |                       |   +- Thread.java
   |                       |   |
   |                       |   \- Package.java
   |                       |
   |                       +- gc
   |                       |
   |                       \- <more packages>

   \- etc/

> 1) We will run compliant to validate test suite
> 2) We will not run stress before commit
I think pre-commit checks should be done according to a test list, not a
directory structure. The reason is simple: number of compliant tests in
a directory will constantly grow while the pre-commit check must take a
reasonable time.

Do you think that people will contribute many tests for well-tested modules?

Well, more tests run - less chances to miss a bug. Right now tests run
reasonable time. We can revisit decision when it is not the case.

Thanks,
Mikhail

With best regards,
Alexei Fedotov,