2006/5/11, George Harley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> OK I see.
>
> I had some thoughts on merging the tests. Are we going to merge
> several tests
> into a single file (thus losing their histories) or we will add a
> digit to the names and
> put into the same folder?
>
> For example we have math tests from at least 3 sources and currently
> some of the tests are of several megabytes long. Are we going to mix
> all them
> into a single file?
>
> Thanks,
> Mikhail

Hi Mikhail,

The approach I have taken in other "tidied" modules has been to merge
all test methods for a given type into the one file containing a JUnit
testcase dedicated to that type. It sounds like it will be more
challenging to do this in maths for the reasons you mention.

Beyond getting the related tests into a single package structure I am
pretty neutral really on how we manage the contents of individual files.
If in some cases a merge looks set to create a single gigantic file
containing a very large number of test methods for a single type then
splitting the test case class into FooTest.java, FooTest2.java etc
sounds fine. Is that what you were suggesting ?

That is what I was talking about. At this point I can't say which way
looks better, I just have a concern about uniting some types of
files, like man-made and generated tests.

Thanks,
Mikhail

Best regards,
George