Hi Andrew,
  Thanks for your comments and interesting feedback. The ideas in this spec
are certainly open to debate and input from everyone. As we well know,
modularity is a great goal which has many merits...testability, ease of
development, plug and play etc. However it is less easy to achieve in a pure
form...some degree of pollution creeps into an implementation when one tries
to optimize on other goals like performance, footprint etc. I was hoping
that we could see this submission as a strawman for how one could
potentially modularize VM development. With input from knowledgeable people
in the community, maybe a standard for modular VM development can evolve out
of this...

   For context, this proposal sees the accessor( platform and VM
) mechanism as a tool to facilitate Classlibrary development in Java( as you
obeserved below ). They are a set of singleton classes that class libraries
instantiate securely through a factory mechanism. Their implementation is
provided by the VM. Their default fully portable implementation could be via
JNI, however there is potential for performance optimization...eg., once
instantiated, the per invocation security could be relaxed, the JIT could
recognize and aggressively inline them, etc.
 I have tried to answer some more of your questions inline....

I wonder who has the responsibility to provide such native-related and
platform-independent interfaces to java classlib programmer?
...Then shall classlib programmer write native code to implement high-level
functions such as
"findFirstDiff" and invoke them via JNI mode? or shall VM provide such
high-level functions and classlib programmer only need call mem.findFirst?

 These are VM components. The idea is that the VM provides them and the
Classlib programmer writes less native code.

As my understanding of the document, classlib programmer will avoid writing
native code directly, and invoke corresponding interfaces defined in VM.

That is correct

If I'm right, I think it's very hard for VM to provide so many
native-related
APIs for classlib programmer. For example, java.net.Socket implementation.
Classlib >programmer still has to write native code to implement Socket
function. And I also think it's
classlib programmer's responsibility

The idea is that the VM provides some standardized functionality through VM
and Platform accessors. How much that is, is part of the standard definition
that we need. I am not completely  sure what you mean by the "classlib
programmer's responsibility". It is true that the classlib programmer will
need to implement whatever is not provided by the standardised accessor
components.

Thanks,
Rana