On 5/16/06, Salikh Zakirov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Vladimir Gorr wrote:
> My personal opinion is we need to improve the existent build system for
> DRLVM contribution.
> Therefore there are no needs to compile them each of participants. It'd
be
> fine to have these sources pre-compiled (another snapshot?)

The idea of having something precompiled looks close
to idea of HDK (Harmony Development Kit): to have a
binary bundle which makes development of Harmony as convenient as
possible.

Yes, my suggestion is not new idea. I my opinion the HDK is a long-term
task.
All I suggested can be made at short time. We only need to slightly modify
the build system
and to get the image of third party tools. I suppose it will significantly
make easy the life each of us
and save money eventually :-).

Thanks,
Vladimir.

I think having third party libraries precompiled qualifies as making
DRLVM developer life easier, so it is well worth of implementing in HDK.

As far as I remember, the consensus about HDK was that it would be
a good thing, but nobody yet volunteered to do it.

--
Salikh