Mark Hindess wrote:
On 17 May 2006 at 12:30, "Daniel Gandara" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Mark Hindess wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> I've just contributed a JIRA,
>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-471
> that integrates the ITC rmi implementation as modules/rmi.  (The jsr14
> version.  Only the code at the moment, I creating the scripts/patches
> for the tests next.)

   We've been working on improvements to the rmi test suite,
I've contributed that at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-473
(I created a new JIRA since previous one HARMONY-211 was closed-)
so please take that test suite.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I just saw the JIRA messages.  (I notice it
includes all the code again and is classified as a contribution.  But
I assume this is just a derivative work of the previous contribution
rather than a new contribution?  That is we don't need to wait for
another vote.)

you are right, my mistake, it is a derivative work, I should have classified
it as classlib or something like that.  I'll try to change that...

Integrating the tests was proving interesting.  Have you been following
the discussion of the test naming/layout conventions?  The latest
proposal is here:

http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/testing.html

I was having a little difficulty in (quickly) figuring out which tests
are implementation-independent (api) tests.  Or indeed which tests will
run stand-alone without any infrastructure being configured.  Perhaps
you could help?  I don't really like the idea of integrating code
without at least some tests that everyone can run.

rmi is kinda complex at this point.   rmi is distributed "in nature" so
some infraestructure setup is needed to run meaningful tests involving
at least a client and a server; furthermore a given process must be
done to export objects, register them and then get clients use them.
Only JUnit test will run stand-alone; which in the case of rmi
do not say too much about the package... but anyway, unit tests
are there so lets put them toghether with the code.
Junits from on our suite are those named:
- ar.org.fitc.test.rmi
- ar.org.fitc.test.rmi.activation
- ar.org.fitc.test.rmi.server
- ar.org.fitc.test.rmi.registry
- ar.org.fitc.test.rmi.dgc

In the meantime, I'll take a look at the new JIRA.

Daniel Gandara
BTW: we are a bunch of Daniels here at Cordoba :)))

;-)

Regards,
-Mark.

regards,