Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

Mark Hindess wrote:
On 17 May 2006 at 12:30, "Daniel Gandara" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Mark Hindess wrote:
Daniel,

I've just contributed a JIRA,
that integrates the ITC rmi implementation as modules/rmi.  (The jsr14
version.  Only the code at the moment, I creating the scripts/patches
for the tests next.)
   We've been working on improvements to the rmi test suite,
I've contributed that at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-473
(I created a new JIRA since previous one HARMONY-211 was closed-)
so please take that test suite.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I just saw the JIRA messages.  (I notice it
includes all the code again and is classified as a contribution.  But
I assume this is just a derivative work of the previous contribution
rather than a new contribution?  That is we don't need to wait for
another vote.)

Why not?

not sure how this should be handled, since we improved the code
and documentation of the previously contributed test suite; I do not see this
as a new contribution if not as a derivative work done based on the
existing code...

geir

Daniel