Way to go Intel!

During the JavaOne talk we were able to demonstrate the following
applications running on last Friday's snapshot build of Harmony with
the IBM VME:

 - RSSOwl 1.2 atom/rss newsreader (www.rssowl.org)
 - Tomcat 5.5.17, the JSP and Servlet examples
 - Eclipse 3.2 RC4 and how it is used for componentised development

and as Geir already said, his announcement of AWT/Swing allowed us to demo:

 - JEdit, a non-trivial Swing application

We are learning a lot about how to manage large contributions into the
Harmony project, and I think everyone is doing a great job.

Code talks.  This much code talks loudly.

Thanks again
Tim

Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Today during our JavaOne talk (given by Tim and I) I was proud to
> demonstrate JEdit running on Harmony!
>
> That's right, with Swing/AWT code.  The formal contribution is on it's
> way, and I don't wish to steal any more thunder from the contribution
> when it's made, but we (Intel hat on here..) wasn't able to make the
> donation in time for the talk today because of internal process loose
> ends, and I wanted to make a splash for us at JavaOne.
>
> I expect it will be here in the next couple of days.
>
> Harmony - The question of compatible open source isn't "whether", but when!
>
> geir

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
IBM Java technology centre, UK.