On 5/19/06, Stepan Mishura wrote:

 Hi George,

see below

On 5/19/06, George Harley wrote:

> Hi Stepan,
>
> Yes, there is probably scope for adding some logic to this test method
> where - in the event of no network connection we write a message to
> stderr and move on. An alternative is to provide for connections to be
> opened up against a server on the local machine. A couple of days ago I
> spent some time adding the small, lightweight (and Apache licensed)
> Jetty server to the LUNI tests. In my local sandbox the LUNI
> make/build.xml file the run.tests target was updated to start up Jetty
> --> run the LUNI tests --> stop Jetty. It worked fine apart from a
> glitch I had getting the cgi-bin to work properly in Jetty. Apparently
> this is a fairly common problem when it is used on Windows. I'm starting
> to feel that it might be best to exclude the one or two cgi-bin related
> tests in the LUNI tests for now in the interests of bringing Jetty on
> board. It would certainly help get some more java.net tests up and
> running and enable this particular test case to run without the need for
> a network connection. What do you think ?

 I think that we should try to develop small local test server that just
opens connection and optionally send/receive test message. There is a
prototype of such test server (see HARMONY-167) and but I didn't integrate
it with tests yet.

Sorry, wrong JIRA number - see HARMONY-164

Thanks,
Stepan.

> I would, of course, float the Jetty proposal on the dev list first to
> make sure we were all happy with the suggestion :-)

 I'm OK only if we separate tests with Jetty from common test suite run.

Thanks,
Stepan.

> Best regards,
> George
>

> Stepan Mishura wrote:
> > Richard, George
> >
> > I'm not fan of tests that depend on network connection. Is it
> > necessary for
> > this test:
> >
> > + public void test_getOutputStream_afterConnection() throws Exception
> {
> > +     URLConnection uc = new
> > URL("http://www.apache.org ").openConnection<http://www.apache.org
> ").openconnection/>
> >
> > ();
> > +     uc.setDoOutput(true);
> > +     uc.connect();
> > +     assertNotNull( uc.getOutputStream());
> > + }
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Stepan Mishura

Stepan Mishura