On 25 May 2006 at 7:46, Geir Magnusson Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tim Ellison wrote:
> > Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> > <snip>
> >> Very cute!  Do you intend module/tools to remain not part of the build?
> >
> > It will become part of the build once it is as-good-as done.
> >
> > I'm trying to do a balancing act between /not/ dumping my junk into SVN
> > as I go along, and developing in the open | collaboratively.
> > Suggestions for re-balancing are more than welcome.
>
> Only suggestion is to do a branches/tim/stuff1, work in there if you
> want people to comment (with the bonus of having it in SVN in case of
> problem).
>
> It's COW so the space usage won't be that bad, and you can just delete
> when done.

While that's true, I think that development on branches has other costs:

 * merging back into trunk

 * fewer people will pay attention - nothing personal but I might be
   less inclined to scan commits in branches/tim than trunk ;-)

Personally, I think development is moving fast enough that it's not a
problem having it in trunk.  If it hadn't been in trunk, I might have
been less inclined to test it ... and not had the incentive to fix the
bugs (HARMONY-510) on my platform of choice.

Obviously, we should avoid breaking things like this for too long but I
think the occasional breakage is a fair price to pay for not having the
other costs.

Of course, I seem to be the only one who even noticed this problem.

Regards,
 Mark.