On 6/1/06, Mark Hindess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 1 June 2006 at 17:36, "Alexey Petrenko" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Which thing will this tool compare? Created windows or displays pixel
> by pixel?

The syntax I listed for xwd dumps the whole virtual display.  You can
also instruct it to dump single windows.  But either way, it's a pixel
by pixel dump which is why I said that doing something meaningful in
step 4 - the comparison - would be the hard part.

Very hard part. Colors used in Harmony are not equivalent to RI.
Therefore I expect that "as is" comparison will show that everything
is different :-). The entire component Look is not 100% copied, i.e.
position of the focus frame, look of the borders, etc. differ.
Besides, colors are theme-dependent and may differ for MetalTheme and
OceanTheme, for instance.
That's why I suppose that using of some heuristical rules will be
required. Like "button is in pressed state if its color became
darker".

Wishes,
--
Anton Avtamonov,