Hi Andrew

Did you update your workspace?

Thanks,
Mikhail

2006/6/7, Andrew Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Hi, Stepan,

The test you metioned is passed in my environment:
RI version: 1.5.0_02.
Linux: Read hat Enterprise Linux AS(2.4.21-15.EL)

Is the problem caused by earlier version javac?

I remember that RI of earlier verion throws IAE instead of NPE when the
arguement is null.

Would you please check "java" version?

Thanks.

On 6/7/06, Stepan Mishura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I found the reason - tests expect NPE when valueOf(null) is invoked but
> IAE
> is thrown instead. For example,
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
> at org.apache.harmony.tests.java.lang.EnumTest$Sample.valueOf(
> EnumTest.java
> :22)
> at
> org.apache.harmony.tests.java.lang.EnumTest.test_valueOfLjava_lang_String
> (EnumTest.java :113)
> at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:205)
>
> Thanks,
> Stepan.
>
> On 6/7/06, Andrew Zhang wrote:
> >
> > Hello Stepan and Mikhail,
> >
> > All tests passed on my machine.
> >
> > Which test case was failed in your environment, on RI or Harmony?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> > On 6/7/06, Stepan Mishura <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Tim,

> you
> > >

> > > Cool!
> > >
> > > I wrote a bunch of tests but if you could hammer on it and try to
> break
> > >

> > > And did you run it? :-) It fails for me :-(
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Stepan.
> > >
> > > If you take a look at the implementation [1] of valueOf(Class, String)
> how

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni/src/main/java/java/lang/Enum.java?revision=412166&view=markup

Andrew Zhang
China Software Development Lab, IBM