2006/6/19, Alexey Petrenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
2006/6/18, Mark Hindess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> a) It will break everyone build unless they have all the dependencies
> (libjpeg, libpng, and liblcms) in the right place.  I want to give
> people time to discuss how to handle this.  On linux, these packages
> are very common so we really should use the installed dynamic libraries
> if possible.  Using liblcms and libjpeg should be easy since they both
> use "pkg-config" (as in "pkg-config --cflags lcms" and "pkg-config
> --libs lcms") if their development packages are installed.  We'll need
> collect details of the required packages for different distributions.
> Debian packages are liblcms1-dev, libjpeg-dev (virtual package) and
> libpng12-dev.  Anyone fill in the gaps for other distributions?
>
> Not sure what to do on windows. libjpeg and libpng seem to be available
> in the MinGW Package repository at:
>
>  http://mingwrep.sourceforge.net/
>
> Anyone tried using these to meet the requirements on Windows?
I've compared libraries available through MinGW with AWT requirements...
The only library which meets the requirements is libjpeg.
libpng is too old.
lcms is not available.

So we should try to find another place to get the libraries or... add
this libraries to MinGW :)

Guys,

in general...
Is it possible to precompile needed libraries and put it somewhere on
the Harmony's website? Do download them through depends.xml...

As a workaround we can download source archives from the original
sites of the libraries and then build them from the Harmony build
script.

SY, Alexey

--
Alexey A. Petrenko