Hi,

As I see the main idea of the port library is " isolates all platform
specific knowledge to one area", as written at "http://svn.apache.org/viewvc
/incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/doc/vm_doc/html/group__Port.html ".

However, I've noticed that the code for sig, thread and luni modules also
contain the platform-dependent code.
For example, Java_org_apache_harmony_luni_platform_OSFileSystem_unlockImpl
function contains:
         rc = UnlockFileEx ((HANDLE) handle, (DWORD) 0,
nNumberOfBytesToUnlockLow,
nNumberOfBytesToUnlockHigh, (LPOVERLAPPED) & overlapped);
Where the handle was produced by hyfile_open function. It will lead to
problems when somebody tries to replace the portlib with a
different implementation, that can use not os-handles.

Will it make sense to extend the portlib functionality and move such
platform-dependent code from sig, thread, luni modules to the portlib?

Marina.