Mark Hindess wrote:
On 20 June 2006 at 14:18, Paulex Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Seems no one objects this proposal:), so I'm going to implement the
JNI1.4 enhancement in nio module, i.e, provide patch to Harmony-578,
Because this implementation requires some native codes, so I probably
need to reintroduce hynio.dll(.so), but I have some questions.(Excuse
me about my ignorance on the native layout evolution).

At first, seems native codes will be separated into modules(I guess
Oli is working on?), so should I assume my native codes will be
directly put into nio modules, or still in native-src/win.IA32/nio
directory? because I'm used to provide a shell to move/svn add new
files in the patch, so it will be easier for me to know how others
think about it.

If you aren't planning on waiting until Oliver has done at least some of
the moves, then assume the old/current locations of native-src/*/nio.
(I assume this will mostly be shared?)

If you are planning on waiting, then use Oliver's work as a template for
how the native build should proceed.

(Personally, I'm waiting before doing the awt/swing native source
integration.)
I see, thank you for the explanation.
And second, the native codes probably need portlib, so the portlib's
header file must be accessible, say, portsock.h, but now it has been
moved into luni/src/main/native/blabla, should I include one in my
patch so that nio module can have a copy? or the header file itself
should be put some other well known directory(deploy/build/include I
guess)?

Yes.  Since this header forms part of the API it probably should be
moved to deploy/include at build time - like the other headers for the
classlib natives API.
I see, but seems not all header files in LUNI are copied into deploy/include now, for example, portsock.h. So is there any rules which one is copied and which one is not?
No code should reference the native source of another module directly
only via the deploy tree.
Agree.
Regards,
 Mark.