On 27 June 2006 at 15:09, "Vladimir Gorr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 6/27/06, Mark Hindess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > On 27 June 2006 at 9:48, "Marina Goldburt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:

> > >  I think, the problem is in the log4cxx revision -
> > > the old log4cxx didn't use the aprutil xml API.
> >
> > Ah ... this problem would be from my change as discussed in the recent
> > "[DRLVM] building from svn on FC5" thread where I wrote:
> >
> > I've fixed (in r416807) the revisions for log4cxx on linux and windows
> > to use r416779.  Works for me on Linux.  Can some test on windows and
> > report if this causes any regression?
> >
> > Obviously it did cause a regression on windows but the new version is
> > needed on Linux to get the build to work.
> >
> > I've backed out the windows part of this change in r417350.  Can someone
> > check that this fixes the problem on windows?
>

> Mark,
>

> yes, the problem disappeared on Windows after your change.
>
> Although, I don't understand why should we use the different revisions of
> LOG4CXX on Windows and Linux?

Ideally they should be running the same version if it works.

> If the patch mentioned by Marina is accepted then the problem also
> disappears.

Good.  I wanted to backout the change until Geir applied the fix.  IIRC,
he said in his note that he had but he's not checked it in yet.  I
wasn't comfortable leaving it broken.  We can Linux and Windows back in
sync when Geir has applied Marina's fix.

-Mark.