Zakirov, Salikh wrote:

> By the way, there are some other issues with current state of DRLVM,
> as the following smoke tests (run by 'build.sh test') fail on
> Linux/ia32:
>
>       util.DoPrivileged
>       classloader.LogLoader
>       classloader.SysRes
>
> I'm going to bisect recent commits to find the failure cause.

The bisection haven't helped at all, since the older versions
of DRLVM reproduce the same errors or do not work at all
(with fixed class library version: latest).

The above tests are failing with segfault in hythr library,

#0  0x54e48c28 in hythread_tls_get (thread=0x0, key=1)
    at ../../shared/thread/hythreadinspect.c:134
#1  0x54f8d609 in hyport_tls_get (portLibrary=0x54f97ae0)
    at ../../shared/port/hytlshelpers.c:52
#2  0x54f8e57d in hyerror_set_last_error (portLibrary=0x54f97ae0,
    platformCode=2, portableCode=-308) at ../../shared/port/hyerror.c:231

after reading NULL thread pointer from TLS.

Apparently, hythread_attach() isn't called anywhere in the DRLVM,
but is required for some classlib functions in order to work properly.

I've seen no major changes to thread files in CLASSLIB,
so it makes me wonder why this has broken in DRLVM?

I have also found that DRLVM's drop-in replacement of libhythr.so is
no longer built or installed into jre/bin.

Can someone with experience in interfacing DRLVM to hythr library
look into the problem? Nik? Artem?