Hello Stepan,

Thanks for your explanation.

It seems I have to wait until NIO test package layout is complete.
The test package structure is not the same as SerializationTest framework
expects.
I'll use merged serialization test framework then. :)

btw: Paulex said he'd like to do it in the previous thread.

Thanks.

On 7/5/06, Stepan Mishura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Andrew,

On 7/3/06, Andrew Zhang wrote:

> Hi Stepan,
>
> I tried serialization test framework, and found it's really easy to use.
> :)
>
> Here I have a small question: why TestCase is designed as first
parameter?

Because it is required for all methods for testing compatibility so I made
it as first parameter.

> If I understand correctly, it's used to parse exception name.

No, it is not. It is used to locate resource files only. For example,
TestCase:
  org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.SomeClassTest
Resource:
  org/apache/harmony/luni/tests/java/lang/SomeClassTest.golden.ser

So is it the
> same  if we simply pass the String or Class of the object to
> SerializationTest?

Do you mean Class of TestCase or an object to be tested?

Maybe it's a tradeoff for highly automated, still I think pass String or
> Class is not a big deal for user.
>
> Did I miss something? Or TestCase is used for other reasons?

It is used to locate resource files only.

Thanks,
Stepan.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/security/src/test/api/java/org/apache/harmony/security/tests/java/security/serialization/KeyPairTest.java?revision=418191&view=markup

> --
> Andrew Zhang
> China Software Development Lab, IBM

Stepan Mishura