On Thursday 06 July 2006 03:46 Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> In HARMONY-681, I applied the patch to build DRLVM as debug by default,
> but 'rejected' the classlib patch, as it's not overridable as the DRLVM
> one is.
>
> I think that we'd like to be able to set a flag for release build,
> rather than have to rummage about in each makefile and include.
>
> Yea? Nea?

+1 for release flag when it is needed

I support this as I also think that current classlib build system is rather
primitive which is easy to alter by developers locally but isn't really meant
to be a product build system.

But the default I am sure should be debug everywhere, VM, classlib, tools
until Harmony leaves the incubation state. This is what my patch did (if I
didn't miss some places in classlib makefiles).

Add release switch later when it is needed. Now... is it important to have it?
Is it necessary to build classlib even with -mpentium3? I don't think so.