I know the topic of test layouts is too popular here, but let me offer
some more grounds :)

I think classlib tests should include a suite for VM-independent
kernel tests, like recently created testcases in H-765 and H-721. The
latter has gone to drlvm/vm/tests/smoke suite, which also has a number
of good candidates for moving to a common place.

I see classlib/luni-kernel as the most natural location for now, but
maybe it worths a separate module altogether?

--
Alexey Varlamov