Marina Goldburt wrote:
Tim, Paulex,

Will look at the file locking later...And I'm sure there are other
things worthing evaluation to be portlib extension.

And what is the way to extend the portlib functionality? If we add all the
missing functions to the HyPortLibrary structure, the structure will grow
awfully. And, as I understand, every change in the structure leads to vm
recompilation.

I can prepare a patch that moves platform-dependent file I/O operations from
luni/luni to luni/port submodule. Is it will be useful?

Marina

A great idea! :) But as I know, some of the methods are a bit complex and require well-design on api, e.g., selectImpl() in luni, which was written into one method in Harmony native code, but IMHO if removes into portlib, it must be separated into two or three methods, and should be design carefully. So I suggest more discussion on this. :)

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv
China Software Development Lab, IBM