Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> I don't know if this is being considered, but
>
> 1) Classlib has lots of java internationalization needs, and some native
> internationalization needs
>
> 2) DRLVM has lots of native internationalization needs, and some java
> needs (kernel classes).

FWIW, I as far as I can figure from both [drlvm] and [classlib] discussions,
the topic is *localization*, i.e. providing the user with the messages
in native language of the user.

Concerning *internationalization* Java code is internationalized by design,
and DRLVM needs some fixes to achieve it, at least
* accept non-ascii class names in locale-specific encoding

For more information about "i18n vs l10n", see
http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-i18n