Alexei Zakharov wrote:
Vladimir wrote:
(I believe Alexey used it to test. *Or J9 nevertheless*? IMHO it needs to
specify when same discussions start).

I have tried both. And both differ from RI.

Richard wrote:
For getDeclaredMethods(), J9 has the same behavior as RI.

Well, there are some nuances nevertheless. I have wrote a small test
(that was close to my orginal test) and ran it on four different VMs.
The test simply does TestBean.class.getDeclaredMethods() and prints
the resulting array.

Alexei,

Good catch! I have not tested polymorphism. :-[

Richard
TestBean.java:
class TestBean {
   String methodCalled = null;

   public void method(Integer i) {
       methodCalled = "method1";
   }

   public void method(int i) {
       methodCalled = "method2";
   }

   public void method(boolean b) {
       methodCalled = "method3";
   }

   public void method(Boolean b) {
       methodCalled = "method4";
   }

}

The results:
RI (Sun 1.5.0_05)
method int
method boolean
method java.lang.Boolean
method java.lang.Integer

j9 v3
method java.lang.Integer
method int
method boolean
method java.lang.Boolean

DLRVM
method java.lang.Integer
method int
method boolean
method java.lang.Boolean

jrockit-R26.3.0-jdk1.5.0_06
method java.lang.Boolean
method boolean
method int
method java.lang.Integer

With Best Regards,

2006/7/14, Richard Liang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Alexey Varlamov wrote:

For getDeclaredMethods(), J9 has the same behavior as RI. For
getMethods, J9 and RI behave differently.   ;-)   But it's not so hard
to summarize RI's rule of method order. Am I wrong?

Best regards,
Richard

--
Richard Liang