Tim Ellison wrote:
> I downloaded and tried it out on Windows...
>
> Comments on packaging/layout:
>
> As pointed out by Nathan, the JRE seems to have way more in it than we
> actually need.

Yes, but you probably understand that's not intentional.

> In jre/bin:
>  - What happened to the harmony launcher and the ability to use
> different VMs?  I'm concerned that having a DRLVM-specific launcher, and
> putting all the DRLVM files directly into jre/bin breaks the goal to run
> with multiple VMs.

If you've been following, that argument is still happening.  Once that's
fixed, we go back.  The intention is to go to harmony launcher.

Yep.  Like the (@)[EMAIL PROTECTED] launcher.

>  - There seems to be a spurious Hello.class and encoder.lib in there.

I left the Hello :)  Figure it's easy for someone to then type java -cp
. Hello

but yes, that goes.

> Elsewhere:
>  - jre/lib is a strange place to put the Eclipse plug-in support.  I
> don;t think this should be in the HDK/JRE at all as it is a separate
> piece of work.

yep

>  - Should not be a jdk/jre/include directory, only the jdk/include.  We
> have two different copies of jni.h.

yep, but that's a larger issue in itself, isn't it... :)

> Running code:
>  - The batch file was not much use to me...
> C:\download\rssowl_1_2_1_win32_bin>\temp\harmony-hdk-r424020\jdk\jre\bin\java.bat
> -jar rssowl.jar
>
> C:\download\rssowl_1_2_1_win32_bin>.\java.exe -jar rssowl.jar
> '.\java.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.

Right - I need to ditch the batch, I think.

> but the .exe ran ok and RSSOwl seems to work just fine.
>
> I had the same problem as Nathan (ERROR: Destructive unwinding: C++
> objects detected on stack!) when trying to run Eclipse 3.2.

Thanks for the feedback.

The purpose here was to sew together Frankenstein's Monster, and iterate
from there.

I'll do another iteration, the big problem being the hdk in the jre (I
know that problem - did that dance on linux as well...) and getting rid
of obvious user-distractions like java.bat.  I'll trim out hello also.

Launcher will be fixed Real Soon Now as soon now as that's in progress,
and we have to fix the dual jni.h problem.  I'll make a separate
directory in root of JRE for eclipse plugin.