Guys,

don't you think that it is better to add build date to the hdk/jre
archive instead of svn revision? Or add date with svn revision...
I think that "how long time ago was this build produced?" is a common question.

2006/7/24, Alexey Varlamov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
2006/7/21, Geir Magnusson Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I've stared at the patch for a bit, and am comfortable enough now (I
> didn't doubt you,  the patch was very simple, rather I didn't understand
> the issue.)
>
> I still am a little worried worried because we didn't care if they were
> proper substitutes for each other (the return types), but I suppose we
> can just presume that the compiler straightened things out for us?

I believe so. Before 1.5, we hadn't to worry about return types in
overriden methods; now covariant returns is purely compiler-based
feature.

> I'll apply the patch and post new snapshots.
>
> Thanks
>
> geir
>

> Alexey Varlamov wrote:
> > Nathan,
> >
> > I've created corresponding JIRA and attached a quick-fix:
> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-939
> >
> > --
> > Alexey
> >
> > 2006/7/21, Nathan Beyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >> I tried running Eclipse 3.2 on the Windows JRE build and it launches the
> >> splash screen and the workspace selection dialog, but after you click
> >> ok, it
> >> pukes and spits out the following to standard error.
> >>
> >> ERROR: Destructive unwinding: C++ objects detected on stack!
> >>  droping 0x05BDF430
> >>  setting curr 0x05BDFF68
> >>
> >> The Eclipse log is full of message about not being able to load certain
> >> classes. Here's the first exception stack trace. Also note the
> >> 'java.version' and 'java.vendor'; I presume we'll need to change those
> >> eventually.
> >>
> >> !SESSION 2006-07-21 00:00:08.362
> >> -----------------------------------------------
> >> eclipse.buildId=M20060629-1905
> >> java.version=11.2.0
> >> java.vendor=Intel DRL
> >> BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
> >>
> >> !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2006-07-21 00:00:09.153
> >> !MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle
> >> org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility (25).
> >> !STACK 0
> >> org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in
> >> org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.CompatibilityActivator.start() of
> >> bundle
> >> org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(Bu

> >> ndleContextImpl.java:1014)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleConte

> >> xtImpl.java:970)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.j

> >> ava:317)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle

> >> .java:256)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.preFindLocalCla

> >> ss(EclipseLazyStarter.java:86)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(Classpat

> >> hManager.java:409)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(Defa

> >> ultClassLoader.java:188)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleL

> >> oader.java:339)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader

> >> .java:391)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader

> >> .java:352)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultCl

> >> assLoader.java:83)
> >>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass()
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader

> >> .java:276)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.jav

> >> a:227)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBu

> >> ndle.java:1245)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.CompatibilityHelper.getPluginDescriptor(Co

> >> mpatibilityHelper.java:63)
> >>        at
> >> org.eclipse.core.runtime.Plugin.initializeDescriptor(Plugin.java:706)
> >>        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Plugin.start(Plugin.java:692)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator.start(PlatformActivator.

> >> java:39)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleConte

> >> xtImpl.java:995)
> >>        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivilegedImpl()
> >>        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged()
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(Bu

> >> ndleContextImpl.java:989)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleConte

> >> xtImpl.java:970)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.j

> >> ava:317)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundl

> >> e.java:329)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.ja

> >> va:1037)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(Sta

> >> rtLevelManager.java:573)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLeve

> >> lManager.java:495)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(S

> >> tartLevelManager.java:275)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(Sta

> >> rtLevelManager.java:455)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.

> >> java:189)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManage

> >> r.java:291)
> >> Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> >> org/eclipse/core/runtime/Plugin
> >>        at java.lang.reflect.VMReflection.getMethodReturnType()
> >>        at java.lang.reflect.Method$MethodData.initReturnType()
> >>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.getReturnType()
> >>        at java.lang.Class$ReflectionData.isMethodMatches()
> >>        at java.lang.Class$ReflectionData.mergeMethods()
> >>        at java.lang.Class$ReflectionData.initPublicMethods()
> >>        at java.lang.Class.getMethod()
> >>        at

org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.CompatibilityHelper.setPlugin(Compatibilit

> >> yHelper.java:48)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.CompatibilityActivator.start(Compatibility

> [...]
> >>
> >> java:189)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManage

> >> r.java:291)
> >> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> >> org.eclipse.core.runtime.Plugin
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader

> >> .java:407)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader

> >> .java:352)
> >>        at

org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultCl

> >> assLoader.java:83)
> >>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass()
> >>        at java.lang.reflect.VMReflection.getMethodReturnType()

Alexey A. Petrenko