zouqiong wrote:
good morning, sir,
i redownload the harmony from svn, and when i build the drlvm,
i encounter the following errors:

I use the  jrockit-j2sdk1.4.2_08 that you recommoned in the READMe.txt.
compiler: gcc-3.4.6

build.java:
    [echo] ## Building Java classes of 'extra.hyplugin'
Overriding previous definition of reference to java.classes.pattern
Overriding previous definition of reference to java.source.pattern
   [javac] Compiling 7 source files to
/home/ustczz/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/semis/extra/hyplugin/_other/org.apache.harmony.eclipse.jdt.launching_1.0.0
   [javac] javac: invalid target release: jsr14
Interesting... jsr14 is used as walk around for Java 5 compiler, currently all Harmony VM (including IBM VME) haven't fully support 5.0 class format, so we need this option to compile the source codes with 5.0 syntax to 1.4 compatible binary code, it should not be set if 1.4 compiler is used. Seems a bug of build script? Haven't look inside what actually happened, but maybe you have interest to: 1. either find and remove the setting about jsr14 and remove it(I'm not sure where it is for DRLVM, but for classlib, it is in enhanced/classlib/trunk/make/properties.xml) 2. or try a Java 5 compiler(I prefer this one :)). Good luck!
   [javac] Usage: javac <options> <source files>
   [javac] where possible options include:
   [javac]   -g                        Generate all debugging info
   [javac]   -g:none                   Generate no debugging info
   [javac]   -g:{lines,vars,source}    Generate only some debugging info
   [javac]   -nowarn                   Generate no warnings
   [javac]   -verbose                  Output messages about what the
compiler is doing
   [javac]   -deprecation              Output source locations where
deprecated APIs are used
   [javac]   -classpath <path>         Specify where to find user class
files
   [javac]   -sourcepath <path>        Specify where to find input source
files
[javac] -bootclasspath <path> Override location of bootstrap class
files
   [javac]   -extdirs <dirs>           Override location of installed
extensions
   [javac]   -d <directory>            Specify where to place generated
class files
   [javac]   -encoding <encoding>      Specify character encoding used by
source files
   [javac]   -source <release>         Provide source compatibility with
specified release
[javac] -target <release> Generate class files for specific VM
version
[javac] -help Print a synopsis of standard options

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab