Hello,

I know why this thread is so lazy - it's because everybody dislikes QA
& testing :)

OK, now let me add my $0.02 about my vision about reporting of test
results. I believe it's better to do this using HTTP rather than mail
because some people may not have access to SMTP port (for example, be
behind proxy with Exchange as mail server - I don't really know if it
provides SMTP service). HTTP is open in most  configurations and it
was already decided that HDK and tests will be delivered via HTTP.

I see the reporting of the results in the following way: after
executing tests the script packs results and uploads them (as with
browser file upload) to the server. After that data is processed on
server-side - daemons can send periodical e-mails, draw charts,
reports, lists of top test results contributors, etc.

Nobody criticized this approach so I assume that it's not too bad. I'm
going to implement a sketch for server-side bunch of scripts - one
that accepts uploads and puts them to a temp directory and maybe some
simple reports. They won't use any database. I believe that most
common server-side engine is CGI (not PHP or J2EE) so I'd like to
implement this using Perl CGI scripts. Since this is a first draft,
I'm not going to use advanced templates language like XSLT. Including
HTML output in script is bad idea so I'm going to use something like
HTML::Template [1] for pages generation and CGI::Lite [2] for requests
handling.

Perl is chosen just because it suites well for fast prototyping development.

If nobody objects, I'm going to start coding.

[1] http://html-template.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://search.cpan.org/~smylers/CGI-Lite-2.02/Lite.pm

Anton Luht,