Anton,

How many pages do you plan to have in your application? I mean that
Struts is probably too heavy solution for couple of pages (if this is
your case). *IMHO*

Best Regards,

2006/8/2, Anton Luht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Hello,

> > I believe that there are more installations that can execute CGI than
> > those that can run servlets. I'm sure that for the first time the test
> > infrastructure will be deployed to an existing installation but not to
> > a dedicated server - that's why I decided that CGI suites better.
>
> But we aren't going to deploy the "central service" to everywhere, just
> to the apache infrastructure.

I don't know Apache infrastructure too well - ok, if there's a
possibility to deploy a webapp - I'll write server-side in Java, no
problem.

If anyone objects that the technology should be Java + servlet
container, please let community know. If nobody objects I'm going to
get down to coding. I think I'll use Struts for the app.

> > When we have a dedicated host for builds maybe it'll be worth to
> > rewrite test infrastructure in Java. But please do not consider the
> > choice of technology final - I just wanted to pick something that fits
> > for a prototype: fast to develop and easy to deploy.
>
> I'm confused.  We'll have a host to receive this info from the
> distributed build machines.  One host will be recording the info from
> the all the other distributed build machines...
>
> geir
>

> > On 8/1/06, Alexei Zakharov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Hi Anton,

> >> (just thinking about) there are several good Java-oriented
> >> technologies - servlets, JSP, JSF - why not to use them? I don't like
> >> to say that servlets are more frequent than perl, but Java itself is
> >> not the most widely used language. We should advertise it. :) IMHO
> >> having Java web/servlets server (not a complete J2EE) for such type of
> >> tasks with theoretically Harmony JRE inside will do a good job for our
> >> project.
> >>
> >> Regards,

> >> development.

> >> --