Thanks for checking that Ivan, great news that the test run worked ok.

I guess we're about ready to move to 5.0 :)

Regards,
Oliver

Ivan Volosyuk wrote:
I have checked fresh classlib + drlvm + harmony-1084 classlib patch.
Smoke tests work fine for me.
--
Ivan

On 8/8/06, Alexei Zakharov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Eager to hear sounds of testNG :)

Yeah, but we still need working implementation of java.util.concurrent
to run 1.5 version of TestNG..

2006/8/8, Jimmy, Jing Lv <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Oliver Deakin wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm pleased to announce that a new 5.0 level IBM VME will be made
> > available soon at:
> >  http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/harmony/index.html
> >
> > The new VME downloads are named Harmony-vme-win.IA32-v4.zip and
> > Harmony-vme-linux.IA32-v4.tar.gz. I would like to stress that if you
> > download these packages now, they will *not* work with the class library
> > code currently in Harmony Subversion. I have created a new JIRA
> > (HARMONY-1084) containing patches for Harmony classlib and the Eclipse
> > Harmony plugin which are required to be able to use the new VME. The
> > patches make the following changes:
> > - Change Java build target from jsr14 to 1.5 :)
> > - Change the bootclasspath system property name from
> > com.ibm.oti.system.class.path to org.apache.harmony.boot.class.path
> > - Create a new org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.Environment class that > > contains two (currently stubbed) getenv() methods. Once these methods
> > are implemented, VM writers will be able to redirect System.getenv()
> > calls to this class.
> > - Rename clearvm.dll/libclearvm.so to harmonyvm.dll/libharmonyvm.so, and
> > update the launchers reference to this library.
> > - Rename clearvm.properties to harmonyvm.properties, and update the
> > Eclipse plugin to find this file.
> > - Update tests.api.java.lang.reflect.ArrayTest and
> > tests.api.java.lang.ThreadGroupTest to reflect changes between 1.4 and
> > 5.0 behaviour.
> >

> > Once the classlib patch has been applied, you will need to download the > > new VME in order to continue developing with the IBM VM. The previous
> > version of the VME will no longer be compatible.
> >
> > I will send out a further mail when the new VME is available to download
> > and use.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Oliver
> >

> Great! :)