I think that we should internationalize log and tools usages. Why not?
Anyone can easily set English locale to post error messages to dev-list.

SY, Alexey

2006/9/8, Ilya Okomin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
 Hi all,

During rmi module internationalization I've faced with loads of log messages
(e.g. take a look at o.a.h.rmi.DefaultRMIClassLoaderSpi).
Also some classes (e.g. o.a.h.rmi.compiler.RmicStrings) have strings that
are the usage texts of any console tool.
I think we shouldn't internationalize such messages, however I'm not really
sure about that.
If we internationalize them - we'll obtain fully internationalized module
it is an advantage.
From the other hand - if you have to analyse someone's log, it is useful if
the common langauge was used. Moreover, messages.properties file with the
list of all messages will be too huge to find appropriate messages for new
classes developed later.
Any thoughts?

Ilya Okomin

Alexey A. Petrenko