On 9/14/06, Leo Li <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi, Xiao-Feng:
    It will be great if VM can adjust its strategy adaptively. However, as
a programmer, I would like to have some method to instruct the GC
strategy.
If I can, I tend to control things and get definite result, whenever I am
programming or tuning . :)
    Besides, where are your GCv5, is it open-sourced? I am quite
interesting in the topic.

In case it fell between the cracks, Xiao Feng posted initial rough GCV5
files at:

Also, you may be interested in MMTk.  Its an infrastructure for
experimenting with GC algorithms.  An initial incomplete port is in
drlvm/trunk/vm/MMTk.

Good luck!

--
Weldon Washburn