I checked out everything, and did a clean build, and I'm still running into
the same issue.
Platform: Gentoo Linux

Here is what I see:

Running just java:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/Harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/deploy/jre/bin $ ./java
Harmony Java launcher
Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The Apache Software
Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
java [-vm:vmdll -vmdir:dir -D... [-X...]] [args]
./java: relocation error:
/homes/anavabi/Harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/deploy/jre/bin/libhyprt.so
: symbol hythread_exit, version HYTHR_0.1 not defined in file libhythr.so
with link time reference

it hangs here.

Doing java -showversion
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/Harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/deploy/jre/bin $ ./java
-showversion
Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The Apache Software
Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
java version "1.5.0"
pre-alpha : not complete or compatible
svn = r448440, (Sep 21 2006), Linux/ia32/gcc 3.4.6, debug build
http://incubator.apache.org/harmony

it hangs here.

Trying to run helloworld:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/Harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/deploy/jre/bin $ ./java
helloworld
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/Harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/deploy/jre/bin $ echo
$JAVA_HOME
/homes/anavabi/Harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/deploy/jre/
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/Harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/deploy/jre/bin $ echo
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/homes/anavabi/Harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/deploy/jre/bin
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/Harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/deploy/jre/bin $

Thanks,
Armand