On the 0x1F1 day of Apache Harmony Xiao-Feng Li wrote:
> Thanks. Yes, this is supposed to be review by JIT person. On the other
> hand, if JIT person has better solution, GCv5 would like to use.
> Anyway we hope write barrier is to be functioning in the DRLVM soon.

As a JIT-oriented guy, I looked through the patch. Looks good. The
write barrier does NOT push an M2N frame before invoking
gc_heap_slot_write_ref(), but it's OK since there will be no stack
unwinding from here.

I am curious about the switch
VM_Global_State::loader_env->use_lil_stubs. Does everything work in
both true and false? What do we need this switch for? Doesn't it
induce unnecessary complication/duplication?