On the 0x1F0 day of Apache Harmony Armand Navabi wrote:
> > What is the kernel version BTW? There could be some issues with
> > 2.4.x, currently everybody works with 2.6.x
>
> The kernel version is 2.6.17.8.
>
> > concerning hythread_exit .. Did you resolve it already?  I see the
> > symbol _undefined_ too (and no definition of the symbol in hythread.so
> > or any other lib, although sources are fine, probably some bug in the
> > build system), but dynamic linker does not complain on my machine.
>
> No, I did not resolve this problem.  When I try to run ./java by itself I
> see the following:
>
> ./java: relocation error:
> /homes/anavabi/Harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/deploy/jre/bin/libhyprt.so
> : symbol hythread_exit, version HYTHR_0.1 not defined in file libhythr.so
> with link time reference
>
> And then it hangs.  I did find that this would not happen (i.e. ./java would
> run just fine) if I overwrite libhythr.so with the libhythr.so from the
> classlib's /deploy/jdk/jre/bin directory.  Is that a safe way to resolve
> this problem?
>
> > hm, gdb .. did you 'export' LD_LIBRARY_PATH?
> > (sorry for the dummy question:)
>
> No need apologize.  I'm sure in the end it will be a dummy mistake that I'm
> making.  But yes, I did export the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  I had it first set to
> the deploy/jre/bin directory.  I also tried to set it to put
> deploy/jre/bin/default also in the path.
>
> Let me be clear when I say I am unable to debug with gdb.  First the problem
> I am having is when I try to set a breakpoint I always see this:
>
> (gdb) b jni.cpp:478
> No source file named jni.cpp.
> Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n]) y

I solve this by breaking inside launcher after VM lib is loaded, then
I break somewhere after libjitrino.so is loaded. Then I can break
anywhere :)

looks like this:
break main.c:360
dis
break compile_jit_a_method
dis
break whatever function you want

You can make it a script via GDB's 'define' and put somewhere in
~/.gdbinit, two scripts are better: first for initial run, the second
script does the same but reusing old breakpoint numbers:
dis
en 1
dis
en 2
dis

I should put that into the FAQ, obviously.

> And then when I run the program it never stops at the breakpoint, though I
> see the print I have inserted in the code.  Secondly, and more importantly,
> if I try to do anything interesting, like run helloworld, gdb seems to lose
> a thread and then hang (says it Cannot find a thread.  Invalid thread
> handle).  I have to then stop it and go kill it.

this one is probably a separate issue (not connected with "future
shared library load"). Try my above suggestion, please.