I tend to agree. I think that it's a good idea to consider for the future, but right now, if the fixes help stabilize, great. I think that stabilization is key right now.

geir

Serguei Zapreyev wrote:
On 10/3/06, Alexey Varlamov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

2006/10/3, Serguei Zapreyev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Dear committers,
>

> I filed recently the HARMONY-1573, -1650, -1651, -1654 issues with the
> suggested patches.
>
> So, to avoid redoubling efforts or superposition of commits because of
delay

> could somebody take them under a control to estimate and apply if it is
> necessary?
>
> All the more, the 1650 and 1573 issues seem to be able to upset somehow
the
> execution stability of a big application.

Serguei,

the HARMONY-1573 is mostly about j.l.Process impl. I believe we shoud
consider reusing
org\apache\harmony\luni\internal\process\SystemProcess.java available
in luni rather than fixing alternative impl in DRLVM.
What do you think?

Alexey,

I guess few items should be took into consideration before doing some
conclusions here.

First, DRLVM's implementation of Runtime has been checked during a lot of
testing milestones.
Second, its code is well known for DRLVM developers, so it's easy to
maintain it in this hot time.
Third, we have no good test set (like TCK) to compare the discussed impls.
Forth, we have no methods to estimate performance of impls.

So, I think your suggestion isn't too actual just now and may be considered
some later.
There is no need to upset the current stability just now.
I think the attached patches should be applayed in the nearest time to
improve the
used code. All the more, this patch combines some issues apart from the
Process.

Thanks,
Serguei

Alexey