I'm trying to trace through the boot sequence chasing some boot classpath property thing (luniglob sets it, and I can't figure how it gets to us...), and I'm too tired, too dumb, or both to figure this out.

Launcher calls JNI_CreateJavaVM. In our vmcore/src/jni/jni.cpp, we define it, and it is :

VMEXPORT jint
JNICALL JNI_CreateJavaVM(JavaVM **p_vm, JNIEnv **p_env, void *vm_args) {

    static int called = 0;

    init_log_system();
    TRACE2("jni", "CreateJavaVM called");
    if (called) {
        ASSERT(0, "Not implemented");
        return JNI_ERR;
    } else {
        create_vm(&env, (JavaVMInitArgs *)vm_args);
        *p_env = &jni_env;
        *p_vm = jni_env.vm;
        return JNI_OK;
    }
}

For the life of me, I can't figure out where "env" is defined or set. create_vm() uses it...

Can anyone give me a hint?  Eclipse's C++ plugin seems to be useless here...