Gregory Shimansky wrote:
On Monday 09 October 2006 08:26 Armand Navabi wrote:
Yes, I am still having problems.

Like I said, I am just trying to run the executable currently.  I see the
same problem I was seeing when I built the DRLVM.

I downloaded the Latest Linux JRE snapshot build, set the JAVA_HOME, PATH
and LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variables and then tried to run helloworld.
Sometimes the executable will print "hello world!" and then hang, and
sometimes it will just hang.  Same thing happens when I download and try to
run the Latest Linux HDK with helloworld.

My platform is Linux Gentoo 2.6.17.8.

I'm just catching up with emails after a week away from internet. I am using Gentoo myself and my kernel is 2.6.17-r4. I did a clean rebuild of classlib and drlvm to make sure I am up to date with everything that changed while was away. When I run java from .../drlvm/trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jre/bin it works just fine, at least for hello world class. There is no reason to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for it.

Also I've noticed that deploy directory is gone from drlvm/trunk/build. I am sure I am missing something (2k emails to read yet), maybe I am not using the right executable, but as long as it works it is ok to me :)

Yes - we just had it done by flag to skip the copy step if you don't care.

So if you want it to happen, just  specify -Ddeploy.canonical.flag=true

I put it in a drlvm.properties file in build/