On Thursday 12 October 2006 14:06 Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> On 10/12/06, Pavel Pervov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Yes, lazy (interpreter style) resolution will solve the problem - JIT
> > will never ask to load classes while compiling.
>
> Here we have different vision. What do you think, is it possible to go into
> the endless resursion with lazy resolution?

AFAIK it is not a matter of endless recursion. It just the a matter of how VM
class loader determines CCE condition. If a class loading requested for a
class which is being loaded already somewhere up the stack, it is determined
as a CCE. This method is very effective and works just fine, I think RI uses
something similar. It doesn't require analyzing the whole classes tree and
exception is thrown only on demand.