On the 0x208 day of Apache Harmony Geir Magnusson, Jr. wrote:
> Egor Pasko wrote:
> > On the 0x208 day of Apache Harmony Tonny Lau wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I checked out the latest drlvm, and failed to set breakpoint when I used
> >> gdb. It seems the
> >> "harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jre/bin/java"
> >> is copied from "harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/deploy/jdk/jre/bin/java",
> >> i.e., it is not a debug version. Does anyone know how to debug it? Thanks!
> > Oh! should be on the site!! some day .. some day ..
> > Yes, it's the launcher. It is taken from classlib (which is not built
> > in debug mode even if DRLVM is built in debug (=default)). If you want
> > to build the launcher in debug mode, change:
> > working_classlib/depends/build/makefile.include
> > (put -O0 -g instead of -O1)
> > pretty, huh? :)
>
> How about a patch, Egor? :)

The best patch is HARMONY-803 from Ivan. AFAIR, the only reason it is
not committed is the lack on windows support (doors are ok).

If nobody volunteers to make the windows, I am afraid, I will have
to. We need to have full debug build everywhere. Being not the greatest
expert in windows, I am warning you :)

There is one more limitation to overcome here. We need to fix a number
of Jitrino bugs that are reproducible on classlib tests with Jitrino
in debug mode (thanks to Alexey Varlamov for reporting them). That's
what I am doing now.

> BTW, this is a good faq entry...

I hope to have a better FAQ entry -- "options" instead of the "patch".
Now it's the best place in .. ehm, "build troubleshooting"