On the 0x208 day of Apache Harmony Nadezhda Morozova wrote:
> Egor,
> Thanks for a detailed an proactive response.
> Surely, I think we can start accumulating new content on Wiki - this is
> more visible and editable than patches to website. When we're done with
> the bulk of content, I'll migrate the stable stuff to the site.
>
> > * Thaking the one above into account, I would suggest to start "Linux
> > debugging" on Wiki. Does it make sense to put it in the FAQ? How do
> > you like the idea of Harmony_Debug_Troubleshooting on Wiki?
> I do like the idea. However, I think, pure debug tips is one thing and
> troubleshooting debug is another. Now, troubleshooting debug is when
> pure debug doesn't work :) or so it seems. So, perhaps, the title of the
> suggested page can be changed.
>
> Summing up: the decision for now = Add new pages for Wiki =
> - Debugging on Linux - Egor has volunteered; anybody else?

initial version done:
http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Debugging_DRLVM_with_GDB_on_Linux

feel free to enhance/add more tips/etc

I think, we should _not_ move it to the main website until we enable
"debug build everywhere" via appropriate options, not extra patches or
hacks. Work in progress here.

> - Debugging on Windows - Mikhail has been recommended; how's that?

the tip from Rana is also useful there. Who can start the page?
Mikhail? Rana?

> Additional question:
> Can we have Debugging page for some basic relatively stable stuff and
> Advanced Tasks+Troubleshooting (hacks and
> things-that-should-not-be-there-but-are) in a separate page?

they-are, so let-them-be-on-wiki-temporarily-until-we-get-rid-of-em :)
An extra page would confuse more. I prefer step-by-step instructions
that are easy to follow (with hacks inside)